Dr. Haider Abdul Shafi Relief Fund
Due to the difficult circumstances that have arisen since the outbreak of the Al-Aqsa Intifada on 28 September 2000, and the accompanying negative consequences for the lives of citizens in the Gaza Strip, which are becoming increasingly difficult and complex with the daily and continuous escalation of the Israeli army's actions such as the destruction of houses and structures, the bulldozing of land and the closure of roads between the various areas, where all aspects of life were paralyzed, and the abhorrent division and the resulting closure and blockade of the population of the Gaza Strip.
In order to meet these conditions and the dangers that arose from it and to ensure the steadfastness of the Palestinian people in the face of this brutal and unhuman attack, the Red Crescent Society of the Gaza Strip established the fund of Dr. Haider Abdul Shafi Relief, through which the following programs are implemented:
- Cash assistance for poor families
- Ensuring the needy families through the sponsorship of the Palestinian child Welfare Committee, funded by the Canadian Foundation
- Helping needy patients
- Helping university students whose parents have failed to pay their university fees. This program has now been suspended due to funding cuts.
- In-kind assistance and health packages for poor families.
All with the funding and support of personalities and institutions we respect for their continued support and support:
- Pastel finance LTD / His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani
- Patient Assistance Programs / Ms. Feryal Al Muhtadi
- Palestinian Child Welfare Committee - Canada
- Palestine fund limited
- Fund for the cessation of the late Hashem Ata Shawa - Bank of Palestine - Gaza
- Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA), United States
- UNDP / Through UNDP - Gaza
- The Australian Yara Foundation (Nasser Mashneh)
- Swedish project grant
- Anira Foundation - Gaza
- United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
- Tamer - Gaza Foundation
- Al Quds Bank